Boulder Infrared Sauna
At Amaluna, we offer a range of services to support detoxification. Our boulder infrared sauna is state-of-the-art and low EMF. This is a powerful resource for helping your body mobilize and excrete toxins while regulating your immune system.
Unique Benefits of Far Infrared
Far infrared light heats up your core temp from the inside out. The infrared sauna rays do not heat the air around you but instead heats the cells inside of you. This light spectrum penetrates much deeper than heated air in traditional saunas. Here are some of the benefits unique to far infrared (FIR):
- Metabolic stimulation/weight loss: According to the Journal of the American Medical Association, a 30-minute infrared sauna session could burn roughly 600 calories.
- Detoxification: Compared to non-infrared heat, far infrared is thought to be seven times more effective at detoxifying heavy metals, cholesterol, alcohol, nicotine, ammonia, sulfuric acid, and other environmental toxins.
- Reduce Blood Pressure: Medical researchers from Germany found that a one-hour session of FIR therapy can significantly reduce blood pressure levels—as a result of a persistent dilation of peripheral blood vessels.
- Pain Reduction: According to Clinical Rheumatology, infrared saunas shows short-term improvement of pain and stiffness in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis.
- Inhibits Cancer Cell Growth: FIR treatment inhibits the growth of cancer cells (including breast, lung, and tongue cancer), due to stimulation of heat shock proteins (as referenced above) according to Medical Oncology in London.
- Improves Allergy Symptoms: A 2007 study by Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society found, “during the period of FIR therapy, the symptoms of eye itching, nasal itching, nasal stuffiness, rhinorrhea, and sneezing were all significantly improved.”
Our Boulder Infrared Sauna Features
Our sauna is made by High Tech Health Solutions. Reasons I chose this company and model:
- Patented Triple Antifield Heaters That Mitigate All 3 Kinds of EMF (independently proven lowest total EMF)
- Comprehensive Lowest-Total EMF Cabin Design of any Infrared Sauna
- Non-toxic, Non-outgassing, Solvent-free Wood Glue
- Fresh-Air Fan Maximizes Oxygen, Minimizes Carbon Dioxide
- World’s first infrared sauna to utilize PVC-free / phthalate-free wiring!
- First sauna with low-magnetic field power cable to the wall
- 100% Solid Premium Poplar Wood, No particle wood (which emits formaldehyde)
- No near infrared (damages eyes, accelerated skin aging)
We recommend starting with 10 minutes at 100 degrees and working up slowly to a maximum of 30 minutes at 130 degrees. Do not sit in the sauna for longer than 10 minutes for your first session. Infrared is different than a typical sauna. This has a very strong effect and it’s necessary to start low and slow. For detoxification of chemicals, metals, mold/mycotoxins, sauna sessions should be scheduled 2 to 3 times per week.
How to prepare: Bring a non-plastic water bottle, towel, swimwear, and a robe or reading material if desired.
Please be aware that you may not sweat at all your first few sessions. The infrared is still working on a metabolic level to mobilize toxins to be excreted via urine and stool and give you all the benefits listed above. Pay close attention to how you feel for 24-48 hours after your session and note any detox reactions.
After your sauna: We recommend that you shower within two hours of your sauna session. We do not have shower facilities at the office, so plan accordingly. Re-mineralize by adding a dash of sea salt to your water, and eating electrolyte-rich foods like banana, avocado, nuts/seeds, fresh veggies, and fruits.
- First session is only 15$
- Packages of 5 and 10 sessions available as well as unlimited monthly memberships starting at 150$/month
- If you’re interested in purchasing your own sauna for use at home or in your office, our referral program offers you a 500$ discount. Contact us for more info.