Mental and Emotional Health
Relief from Stress, Anxiety, PTSD, and Depression, Naturally
Are you looking for ways to feel better emotionally without taking more medication or spending thousands on therapy?
Do you find it difficult to relax or to get moving? Anxious that you’re so tired all the time, or just tired of being anxious? Do you feel unmotivated or uninspired?
I get it, that’s exactly how I felt for years.
I know what a struggle it can be to keep your head above water when it feels like you’ll never be light-hearted again.
I offer a unique approach to mental health and emotional well-being that combines the best of both Eastern and progressive Western medicine. “Never thought of acupuncture for depression but it’s been a few months now and not only is my gut better but I’m off almost all my medication for my depression and anxiety. I can’t believe how good I feel!” ~Lori O., Boulder, CO
I work with you to:
- Alleviate anxiety that keeps you from getting good rest at night
- Relieve depression that makes getting out of bed in the morning a struggle
- Quiet that inner critic so you can enjoy a social life again
- Calm the reactivity that is eroding your romantic relationship
- Silence the shame that keeps you small so you can show up in your full brilliance at work
- Dissolve the fear that is holding you back from pursuing your big dreams
- Break free from the inertia that has you feeling stuck
- Regain clarity of mind so you can make decisions with ease and confidence
- Get some traction so you can actually apply the tools to keep yourself on an upward spiral
To help you heal, I use a combination of:
- Functional medicine to regulate hormones and address root cause issues like gut health.
- Eastern medicine to address emotional and physical symptoms of imbalance through a big picture lens that takes your soul and the rhythms of nature into account.
- Acupuncture* to regulate the nervous system, manage the side effects of medication, and help with the symptoms of medication withdrawal should you choose to transition off pharmaceuticals.
- Transformative health coaching to rewire physical and mental habits. Our bodies directly affect our mind and vice versa. By healing both at once, you can see long-lasting, drug-free results.
Depending on whether you are local or not, we will customize an approach that works for you. Treatment can be done via phone consult for those of you who don’t live in Colorado.
I specialize in treating emotional and mental health, with the majority of my research, training, and focus on psychological and neurological well-being. I can help you find relief from:
- Chronic Stress
- Withdrawal effects from medication
- Associated symptoms such as low energy, disrupted sleep, lack of clarity or focus, phobias, addictions, difficulty making decisions, headaches, panic attacks, teeth grinding/clenching, dizziness, tight stomach, throat, chest, etc.
* Neuroacupuncture technique for Vagus Nerve Stimulation
At my office, I use a unique contemporary acupuncture technique called Neuroacupuncture. Neuroacupuncture is amazing for helping to regulate vagal nerve response. A regulated vagus nerve reduces anxiety, PTSD and trauma responses, depression, improves digestion, treats autoimmune issues, and reduces inflammation. I’ve developed a very effective technique using electroacupuncture on specific scalp, ear, and body points that stimulate the vagus nerve to strengthen tone and regulate vagal response.
Electroacupuncture uses a small machine that emits a painless electromagnetic pulse. The electromagnetic pulse feels like a slight buzzing or tapping and is not unpleasant. After 20-30 minutes of this, you will leave the office feeling incredibly relaxed. That vagal nerve stimulation will help regulate all the processes controlled by the vagal nerve, which can treat a huge number of neurological and inflammatory issues. More info on why vagal nerve tone is so important here.
A Collaborative Approach
I am experienced in working with primary care doctors, psychiatrists, therapists, and other healers to address your mental and emotional health and help you feel your best.
I believe in having a support team. If you are on medication and would like to get off it, I can work with your doctor to help make the transition to natural healthcare.
Processing Emotion is Essential for Physical Healing
Even if your specific complaints are physical pain, addressing the emotional side is essential for lasting healing. From the Eastern medical perspective, all physical symptoms affect our emotional health. Old emotional trauma can and do manifest as physical symptoms years later.