Emotional and Mental Health
Relief from Stress, Anxiety, PTSD, and Depression, Naturally
Are you looking for ways to feel better emotionally without taking more medication or spending thousands on therapy?
Do you feel wired and tired? Anxious that you’re so tired, or tired of being anxious? Unmotivated or uninspired?
I get it, that’s exactly how I felt for years.
I know what a struggle it can be to keep your head above water when it feels like you’ll never be light-hearted again.
I offer a unique approach to emotional health and well-being that combines the best of both Eastern and progressive Western care.“Never thought of acupuncture for depression but it’s been a few months now and not only is my gut better but I’m off almost all my medication for my depression and anxiety. I can’t believe how good I feel!” ~Lori O., Boulder, CO
I work with you to:
- address your emotional and physical symptoms of imbalance
- regulate your nervous system and hormones
- manage the side effects of medication, help with the symptoms of medication withdrawal, treat your emotional health without the use of medication
- address root cause issues like gut health
- change physical and mental habits. Our bodies directly affect our mind and vice versa. By healing both at once, you can see long-lasting drug-free results.
To help you heal, I use a combination of:
- Functional medicine
- Eastern medicine
- Transformative health coaching
Depending on whether you are local or not, we will customize an approach that works for you. Treatment can be done via phone consult for those of you who don’t live in Colorado.
I specialize in treating emotional and mental health, with the majority of my research, training, and focus on psychological and neurological well-being. I can help you find relief from:
- Chronic Stress
- Withdrawal effects from medication
- Associated symptoms such as low energy, disrupted sleep, lack of clarity or focus, phobias, addictions, difficulty making decisions, headaches, panic attacks, teeth grinding/clenching, dizziness, tight stomach, throat, chest, etc.
* Neuro acupuncture technique for Vagus Nerve Stimulation
At my office I use a unique contemporary acupuncture technique called Neuroacupuncture. Neuroacupuncture is amazing for helping to regulate vagal nerve response. A regulated vagus nerve reduces anxiety, PTSD and trauma responses, depression, improves digestion, treats autoimmune issues, and reduces inflammation. I’ve developed a very effective technique using electroacupuncture on specific scalp, ear, and body points that stimulate the vagus nerve to strengthen tone and regulate vagal response.
Electroacupuncture uses a small machine that emits a painless electromagnetic pulse. The electromagnetic pulse feels like a slight buzzing or tapping and is not unpleasant. After 20-30 minutes of this, you will leave the office feeling incredibly relaxed. That vagal nerve stimulation will help regulate all the processes controlled by the vagal nerve, which can treat a huge number of neurological and inflammatory issues. More info on why vagal nerve tone is so important here.
A Collaborative Approach
I am experienced in working with primary care doctors, psychiatrists, therapists, and other healers to address your emotional health and help you feel your best.
I believe in having a support team. If you are on medication and would like to get off it, I can work with your doctor to help make the transition to natural healthcare.
Processing Emotion is Essential for Physical Healing
Even if your specific complaints are physical pain, addressing the emotional side is essential for lasting healing. From the Eastern medical perspective, all physical symptoms affect our emotional body. Old emotional trauma can manifest as physical symptoms years later.
Amaluna Wellness Blog Posts on Emotional and Mental Health
- Feeling Stuck? How to get your boogie back
- The 5 Best Acupuncture Points for Anxiety
- Your Vagus Nerve, Ruler of Relaxation
- The Missing Piece of Your Healing Journey
- Overcoming Resistance
- On love: How to Love Yourself First
- When Productivity is Pathological
- Emotional Triggers and Healing the Brain
- Subtle Signs of Anxiety and What to Do
- Do You Know How Stressed You Are?
Evidence that Acupuncture Works for Treating Emotional Health and Mental Health
- Acupuncture Relieves Generalized Anxiety
- Acupuncture Reduces Anxiety in Mothers and Children
- Acupuncture Improves Insomnia
- Hacking the Nervous System
- Acupuncture As Effective As Therapy for Anxiety
- Acupuncture Enhances Anti-Depressant Therapy
- Acupuncture Treats Major Depressive Disorder in Pregnancy
- Acupuncture Outperforms Counseling for Depression with Pain
- Acupuncture Treats Major Depressive Disorder in Women
- Acupuncture Effective Treatment for Depression
- Acupuncture Now Recommended as Effective Treatment for Depression
- NADA Protocol for Addiction
- Auricular Acupuncture for Cocaine Dependence
- Acupuncture Helps Smokers Quit
- Effects of Acupuncture on Smoking Cessation