Benefits of Healing your Gut
- Eliminate bloating, cramping, and bowel irregularity
- Banish constipation for good
- No longer planning your life around access to a toilet
- Treat the root cause of IBS and IBD (Crohn’s, colitis)
- Reduced joint and muscle pain
- Increased mental clarity
- Balanced mood through balanced microbiome and neurotransmitter production
- Less anxiety, less depression
- Greater resilience against viruses (sick less often)
- Stronger immunity against all infections
- Fewer allergies (food and environmental)
- Lower antibody levels for autoimmune disease or full disease remission
- Reduced risk of cancer, heart disease, and diabetes
- Improved skin, hair, and nail health
An optimized, balanced gut is the foundation of good health.
Your gut encompasses the entire system from your mouth to your anus: stomach, small intestine, large intestine, and digestive functions of liver, spleen, pancreas, and gallbladder.
Over 80% of your immune system is contained within your gut and any imbalance here will lead to inflammation and immune dysfunction throughout your entire body. Gut health is vitally important to healing the brain, especially mood imbalances (anxiety, depression, bipolar, OCD, ADHD) and cognitive function.
How Do We Heal the Gut?
- Identify and treat stealth infections
- Extinguish excessive inflammation
- Optimize acid and enzyme production for proper breakdown of nutrients
- Repair permeability, a.k.a. “leaky gut”
- Support liver and gallbladder function
- Cultivate a healthy microbiome by feeding beneficial bacteria
- Rewire patterns of chronic stress
Amaluna Services for Gut Health
At Amaluna, we take gut health seriously. Dr. Caitlin Gordon, D.Ac. assesses gut health with every person who chooses to work with us because it is fundamental to resilient health. We offer the following services to heal and optimize gut health:
- Functional Medicine Consultations, phone and in-person
- In-depth + personalized nutrition plans included
- Supplement and herbal medicine protocols
- Advanced Functional Gut Testing: stool, urine, and blood
- Gluten and other food allergy testing
- Microbiome testing
- Candida, SIBO, and Parasite testing
- Nutrient deficiency testing
- Acupuncture Vagal Nerve Stimulation Therapy
The contents of this site, including text, graphics, images, and other material are for informational purposes only. Nothing contained in this site is or should be considered or used as a substitute for professional medical or mental health advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please schedule an appointment for personalized health advice.