­

Health Tips & Recipes

May2017

Study Finds Acupuncture for Depression is as Effective as Counseling

By |May, 2017|Health Tips|

Study Finds Acupuncture for Depression as Effective as Counseling Are you interested in treating your depression naturally? Do you feel depressed in spite of your antidepressant medication? Not into counseling or found it to be too expensive? I was thrilled to learn that a new study out of the University of York in the UK found acupuncture for depression was as effective as counseling. Results [...]

May2017

I’m Not “Just” an Acupuncturist.

By |May, 2017|Health Tips|

I'm Not "Just" an Acupuncturist. I am an acupuncturist, and acupuncture is powerful medicine. What you might not know, is the term acupuncturist doesn't even begin to cover much of what I offer. Let me explain. Attorney Vs. Acupuncturist, Same Amount of School If you've heard my story about how I got into acupuncture, you probably know I was about to start law school when [...]

Apr2017

3 Simple Ways to Be Earth Friendly AND Healthy Without Going Vegan

By |April, 2017|Health Tips|

3 Simple Ways to Be Earth Friendly AND Healthy Without Going Vegan Action steps for healthy, compassionate, and environmentally-friendly living. Going vegan is not a surefire way to preserve your health OR save the planet, unfortunately. If only it were so simple! I was a vegetarian and then a vegan for many years. I believe in climate change. I believe our high-meat American diet is [...]

Apr2017

Painkillers Side Effects: The Problem with Pain Pills

By |April, 2017|Health Tips|

Painkillers Side Effects: The Problem with Pain Pills Over-the-counter (OTC) pain medications, also called NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) are not safe options for regular use due to painkillers' side effects. Certainly, if you have a splitting headache once a month, and take something OTC, you are unlikely to experience any ill effects. However, many people are taking these drugs 3x a week or even daily [...]

Mar2017

Acupuncture Treatment Frequency: how to get faster, better results

By |March, 2017|Health Tips|

Acupuncture Treatment Frequency More is Better If acupuncture progress is very slow, 75% of the time it is because you need to come more frequently. The other 25% of the time may be due to a condition that is not going to improve from acupuncture, or other factors in your lifestyle like stress, sleep, diet, etc. I don't want to feel "salesy" or make you [...]

Mar2017

Cosmetic Acupuncture

By |March, 2017|Health Tips|

Cosmetic Acupuncture Cosmetic acupuncture is my new favorite discovery. I've long pseudo-joked that I would botox my frown lines. Despite being an acupuncturist, and understanding the theory behind why cosmetic acupuncture works (I will explain below), I was skeptical that it could truly yield good results.  So, as with most things, I experimented on myself. I started with 1-2x week on my deep frown lines between my [...]